You canʼt deny that the combination of the Mediterranean & the Middle East can add a glow to the world of house music. Vinyl Mode, having a combination of both (The Greek and the Saudi) are two disc jockeys and producers that have been formed in 2011. It was a milestone for both these music-enthusiasts when the duo was created…
Harris Mavromatis (The Greek) who lived in Montrealʼs vibrant EDM culture, played in clubs for 3 years and was hosted several times by Gabriel Batz (Ora Recordings) on the famous Montreal Mix Sessions radio show. Through this all, Harris have strongly developed his inner-calling of electronic music. On the other side, youʼve got Muhannad Nassar (The Saudi) who was an established DJ in the Jeddah underground scene, playing Deep and Techno, Together as Vinyl Mode, synergy was built; and the harmony grew as they played together… Team Work, enhanced DJ skills, technical mixing abilities, right track selection, niche crowds, trained listeners, house music groovers, made them reach top levels of prominence in the Saudi Arabian underground scene.
A year later… Big Bang: Early 2012 is when Vinyl Mode released their Tune Your Senses compilation CD with the famous Destination Jeddah Magazine. At the same time, Vinyl Mode started playing internationally, hosted by big clubs next to famous DJs, spreading their sounds and foot prints outside the Kingdom. Bahrain is a regular destination for them as they have a monthly residence with Xclusive, as well as Beirut with Rinov8 Agency Their gigs also included the beautiful island of Mykonos where summer travelers soaked themselves in the sun, the sea and Vinyl Modeʼs beats. They play in style, so they also hosted many fashion events between Jeddah and Riyadh (Ot Kutyr fashion house and Harvey Nichols to name a few), their annual international gigs also included Nuremberg at Club NANO and Sarajevo at Club Silver&Smoke. They have released tracks under Glowrec a label based in Amsterdam, and their track “Deep inside my soul” was featured in the ADE compilation Amsterdam Dance Essentials 2014: House.
1. Prologue feat. Anne – Aparde (Original Mix) – Keller
2. M.A.N.D.Y. – Montagsmaschine (Tim Green Remix) – Get Physical Music
3. Reinier Zonneveld – Plastic People (Original Mix) – Stil Vor Talent
4. Reinier Zonneveld – Gateway (Original Mix) – Stil Vor Talent
5. Miyagi, Sascha Braemer, Jan Blomqvist – Woodpeckers Love Affair (Dan Caster
Remix) – Rennbahn Records
6. Einmusik – Tormenta (Original Mix) – Suara
7. Tim Green – Overstance (Original Mix) – My Favorite Robot Records
8. Ran Salman – Fractured Memories (Ran Salman Live Mix) – Steyoyoke
9. Ashworth – Lost (Original Mix) – Anjunadeep
10. Reinier Zonneveld – Megacity Servant (Original Mix) – Stil Vor Talent
11. Oxygen (Fixell Remix) – D-Mode (Italy) – Mr.Moutarde