El talento español Dennis Cruz es un nombre a tener en cuenta. Nunca está muy…
It’s almost that time of the year when the electronic music industries finest meet in arguably the world’s best clubbing capital for the Amsterdam Dance Event.
Not only is the conference of the highest calibre but so are the parties! If music is your business then sitting in on some of the panel discussions will teach you a lot as you learn from the industry’s most well respected leaders. It’s one of the best networking events I’ve ever attended and it opened my eyes to why the Dutch are so good at what they do. To be able to create music festivals to the scale and consistency they do, as well as curating amazing club nights, needs pure professionalism and a shear love for their craft. After I attended my first ADE in 2009 I knew this was a city I would eventually move to. So if you’ve never been but music is your passion then I highly recommend you attend, it just might change your life too!
Putting together this list was difficult but here is our top 10 list of parties that you shouldn’t miss!
Wednesday Oct 19th
1. For those of you into the more experimental electronic sounds then you should start your ADE week off with Fourtet and Floating Points at De School.
2. If you prefer to start full throttle and get your techno on then what better way to do it then with Pan Pot’s Second State crew at De Marktkantine.
Thursday Oct 20th
Another night of tough decisions! The DGTL crew and Loveland team go head to head with two parties that are both guaranteed to be top notch but the icing on the cake is the opening of the Shelter, Amsterdam’s latest club with a 24 hour license, so a triple header is in store for this night!
After a successful season in Ibiza Maceo brings his Mosiac night to Amsterdam with a solid roster that of acts that would be hard for any of us to resist! Line up:
Agents of Time [live] \ Audion [live] \ Gardens of God \ Jennifer Cardini \ KiNK [live] \ Maceo Plex \ Modeselektor \ Rebolledo \ Shall Ocin \ Stephan Bodzin [live]
4. Afterlife at Loveland
The Loveland team welcome the Tale of Us brand for a night that is sure to be full of the best experimental and trippy techno there is!
5. Shelter Opening Night – Mastermix curated by Jackmaster
“The whole idea behind Mastermix was to give me the chance to showcase my wider musical tastes and invite a mix of DJs that best represent where my head is musically right now, to play alongside me at some of my favourite clubs in the world.”
Jackmaster will be joined by: Moodymann \ Tom Trago \ De Sluwe Vos \ William Djoko \ Jasper James
Friday Oct 21st
After two night of intense partying we’ll try to limit ourselves to just one party, but it’s also good to go with the flow because surprises are always bound to pop up during ADE week!
6. Join the two prog house legends Nick Warren and Hernan Cattaneo as they go B2B at their annual event at Panama club with some very special guests.
Saturday Oct 22nd
7. Audio Obscura team up with the All Day I Dream team for their ADE debut and we just can’t wait! Try your best to be at the doors for 3pm because this is sure to be one of the hottest events of the week and you won’t want to miss a beat!
8. If you have never been to the home of Awakenings before, the Gashouder, then this party is a must! Joseph Capriati and his special guest are surely bound to blow the roof off of this place, I’ve seen them do it before!
22:00 – 23:30 Flavio Folco
23:30 – 01:00 Luigi Madonna & Markantonio
01:00 – 02:30 Dj Tennis
02:30 – 04:00 Pan-Pot
04:00 – 06:00 Sven Väth
06:00 – 08:00 Joseph Capriati
Sunday Oct 23rd
Save some steam for Sunday because you’ll want to end your ADE with a bang and there is no better way to do it then these two parties!
9. Join the Spanish brand Elrow known for their wild and colourful parties for what will surely be after hour madness!
10. Last but not least, you need to save your dancing boots for the Maeve showcase! This was touted as one of the best parties from ADE last year so we can’t wait to check it out this time!
Just to make your party decisions a bit harder we couldn’t forget to tell you about HYTE! HYTE will take over the Warehouse Elemenstraat and say YES TO ALL for the full ADE week. Squeezing this into your schedule is definitely worth it because the whole set up, sound system and line up is the best of the best! *Caution* You’ll have to be super charged to end your week with Used & Abused cause you will walk out feeling exactly that!